Donate Your Vehicle

Ways To Donate 92

Looking for another way to give to SVES?

Donate your car, boat, motorcycle, truck or other vehicle to SVES's Vehicle Donation Program. Your donated vehicle helps support quality education here at SVES.

Simply fill out and submit the form below or call 1-855-500-RIDE (7433). Please offer the code "SVPES" when you call.

A representative will explain all of the details — including how to schedule free pick-up service that's convenient for you.

To learn more about our Vehicle Donation Program, please see the Frequently Asked Questions or fill out and submit the form below to get started.

Thank you for your donation!

Frequently Asked Questions

Does SVES Handle Everything For Me?

SVES is partnered with a company called CARS (Charitable Auto Resources, Inc) based in San Diego California. SVES and CARS have a contractual agreement to process all vehicle donations. CARS is owned and operated by a non-profit social service agency that works with many non profit organizations across the country in outsourcing their vehicle donation program. SVES screened CARS thoroughly for customer service policies and references and selected them among many organizations. They have been chosen because of their expertise, and all calls and issues will ultimately be referred to CARS.

Do You Only Accept Cars For Donation?

Many types of motor vehicles are accepted including boats, motorcycles, trucks, and cars. If you are uncertain as to whether or not your vehicle is eligible, please contact the SVES vehicle donation program toll free at 855-500-RIDE (7433).

What Does SVES Do With Donated Vehicles?

The vehicles are sold at a private auction. The funds from vehicle donations are used by SVES via the Annual Fund to keep textbooks and other materials current, maintain our facility and offer scholarships to deserving students.

Does My Car Have To Be Running To Qualify For Donation?

No, the car must have an engine, tires, and be towable. Cars that are in extremely poor condition or far from our tow range may have to be declined, as the cost to tow them may be more than the value of the vehicle. Call our customer service representative to find out if your vehicle qualifies.

What Paperwork Do I Need?

The only paperwork needed is a signed, clear title. (Please note: a clear title indicates the title is in the name of the donor without a lien.)

What If My Car Won't Pass The State Inspection?

We can accept vehicles without a state inspection sticker or current registration as long as there is a clear title.

What If I Lost The Title?

You will need to get a duplicate title and call us when you have received it. We cannot pick up your vehicle if you do not have the title. Unfortunately neither SVES nor CARS can help you in this process.

Do I Get A Receipt For My Donation?

Yes, our driver will issue a tow receipt at the time of pick-up. Please keep this tow receipt. It will indicate your name, the year, make, model, and the condition of the vehicle you are donating.

Within 30 days of the sale of your vehicle, you will get a letter from us stating the amount we received from the sale of your vehicle. This letter, along with the tow receipt, will serve as the receipts for your charitable contribution. If your vehicle sold for over $500, you will also receive an IRS form 1098C with the letter.

What Can I Claim As A Deduction?

If the sale of the donated vehicle exceeded $500, the taxpayer's deduction is limited to the gross proceeds of the sale, as reported on IRS Form 1098C. If the sale is less than $500, consult your tax advisor about the amount you can deduct.

Do I Need To Have My Vehicle Appraised?

You are not required to have vehicles appraised.

How Long Will It Take To Pick-Up My Vehicle?

We try to make donating your car as simple and convenient as possible. In some states, vehicles can be picked up the same day. Call our representatives at 805-500-RIDE (7433), or e-mail to set an appointment.

What Do I Need To Do Before The Vehicle Is Picked-Up?

It is your responsibility to take possession of the vehicle tags when the pick-up is made, as required by law. It is also your responsibility to remove any registration, inspection or parking stickers or other items from the vehicle (including the trunk, cabin or glove box) as necessary, or as required by law.

Do I Have To Be With The Vehicle At The Time Of Pick-Up?

No. Special arrangements can be made by calling our representative.

Do I Pay For The Towing?

No, there is no charge to you for the towing.

I Donated My Vehicle Several Weeks Ago And I Have Not Heard What It Sold For. How Can I Find Out? I Need The Information For My Tax Return.

Call our representatives at 855-500-RIDE (7433) and they will inform you where your vehicle is in the selling process. Keep in mind that the entire auction process and paperwork completion could take several weeks. But a phone call to our representatives will provide you the information you need, especially at tax time.